[X Newbies] New OS-X 10.2 Install

Frank P. Eigler ws917 at victoria.tc.ca
Tue Feb 4 15:11:45 PST 2003

Do you often need to boot into OS 9?

If so, consider at least two partitions - the first w/OS 9, the second
w/OS X. Why? Hold down the "d" key to boot into OS 9. Hold down the "x"
key to boot into OS X. Simple. No Start-up disk BS.

How? "d" instructs the computer to use the first working system folder to
boot from. "x" directs it to find OS X and boot into it.

HTH

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Ken Johnson wrote:

> I'm about to install 10.2 in my (2) computers over 10.1.5.  I'm going to
> install it right over the current config (1-partition with both 10..1.5 and
> 9.2.x), but I figured I'd ask first if there's anything to watch out for.
>
> Thanks for any/all advice....
>
> Ken

Non Illegitimi Carborundum