[X Newbies] Help - Dead iMac

Emmy emh at mac.com
Thu Jan 16 12:55:49 PST 2003

At 1:54 PM -0500 1/16/03, Wally Rodriguez wrote:

>After the machine died I tried a couple of things. I could tell it was
>booting, but no display. Unfortunately the first thing I tried was the PRAM
>reset.

[snip]

>I have scoured the internet for more info, but apparently once the machine
>gets to this point (where there is no booting activity at all) it is
>hard or impossible to bring back.

[snip]

>Any other suggestions?

Hi Wally.

There was quite a discussion in TidBITS when this firmware problem
first appeared. A number of fixes were offered. Here's one success
story that may inspire you.

The link to the whole thread:
http://db.tidbits.com/getbits.acgi?tlkthrd=1783

The URL takes you to message #1 in the thread. The solution that may
match your circumstances is provided by Mark Altenberg in Message
#18. (It's a challenge, da for sure. ;-)

Good luck - Emmy