[X Newbies] Apple's Mail - Insert text

Frank Eves M.D. gold_eagle at mac.com
Wed Jul 9 14:18:51 PDT 2003

>>> What kind of text files are they?
>
>> BBEdit text files
>
> Put this text into a Script Editor document and save it as an
> application. When you drop one or more BBEdit files onto it, it will
> paste the contents of the files into your frontmost outgoing message
> window in Mail.

Cricket, thank you, the Applescript works perfectly. I'm a happy
camper, your script will be a time saver. You have also equipped me
with a delightful story that I can share with my PC friends. VBG

Cricket, I suspect many people would be happy if a future version of
Mail enabled the insertion of a text files content; I certainly would
be. Click a menu item or even a custom toolbar icon - select a text
file from the file browser window - text inserts at the current
selection point in the new email.

Perhaps I should be asking the Apple TextEdit or Bare Bones people if
an insert text service is possible.

Thanks again!

Frank