[X Newbies] Apple's Mail - Insert text

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 01:03:48 PDT 2003

This post came through for me with my diet.txt file inserted as text,
(see below) just as I said it would, after I dragged the whole file into
the message pane, at least on this end it showed up as text in the body
of the  mail message. Likewise, it drags out really easily into a text
clipping onto the desktop, which can then be inserted into any other word
processing file. This feature of Classic is a very big time saver for
people who have to constantly put text in and out of files when
making/updating webpages.

I am still waiting to hear whether it "doesn't support this" from anyone
else using Emailer? This is how most all applications work in Classic...
I still think drag and drop has been set back mightily in X.
Thanks for listening.

TheMacintoshLady tapped out this message on 7/9/2003 6:15 PM