[X Newbies] Question about "Receipts" folder

Scott scott-xlists at scotist.com
Sun Jul 27 15:40:45 PDT 2003

On Sunday, July 27, 2003, at 15:13PM, TheMacintoshLady wrote:

> Are the things I have downloaded through the S.W..U.C.Panel and found
> in
> Receipts, viable installers that can be copied to another disc for use
> elsewhere?
>
> The reason I ask this is, some things I have installed this way are due
> to my having a fast cable connection -- but when I have to do this for
> dialup people, I must burn the larger stuff to a disc or be sitting
> there
> forever waiting for the downloads.
> I was not sure if the Receipts were full copies of what was installed
> or
> just visual records of what was downloaded.
>
> Thanks.

No. They are a hollow shell, usually containing only enough info to a)
tell SWUD that the pkg is installed, and b) to run Repair Permissions.

However- for any future updates, you can save the full package:
When updates appear, check the box next to the name of the update, then
under the "update" menu, select "Download checked items to desktop".

--
Scott