Mail Rules

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Thu Jun 12 07:35:50 PDT 2003

Hi all

It's been almost 2 weeks now since I've upgraded to Jaguar from OS9 and
so far I've got no complaints. I just love the new Mail program but I'm
a little washy on a few things when it comes to Junk mail Rules.

In the Rules prefs, the menu where you can choose "Message is junk
mail", is this telling Mail that the applicable messages are junk mail
and to color them, or is it saying IF the "Message is junk mail" color
them?

Is setting the color of a message to the default brown the same as
saying it's Junk?

I'm still in training mode. I've added a few specifications to the
"Junk" rule so that if the "To" field contains certain things the
message is Junk. The rule is working by coloring those instances but
the Junk icon doesn't appear next to the messages. Do I still have to
manually flag them as Junk?

When I switch to Automatic, will these same messages be detected or not?

Thanks for any help on this great Upgrade.

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com