[X Newbies] Mac Mail Question

Gretchen Hayman gretchen at sedl.org
Thu Jun 19 11:52:24 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003, at 17:01 US/Central, Florin Alexander
Neumann wrote:
> Mail>Preferences>Viewing>Display images and embedded objects in HTML
> messages. Turn it off, and the cricket croaks.

Florin,

I will acknowledge that if one has emptied one's cache of mac.com
picture files (~/Library/Cache/com.apple.addressservices/Photos/), your
suggestion will achieve the no mac.com pictures displaying in Mail.

However, you are wrong when you say "and the cricket croaks," implying
that this will disable cricket's picture from appearing in Mail.  Try
it and see.  cricket is special.  And so are seven other folks.  A max
of six clicks and one right click will show you that.  :)

Gretchen
(Who remembers only seeing five the last time she checked, pre-Jaguar.)