[X Newbies] DVD -1 or +1

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 20 09:15:02 PDT 2003

Oh wait a minute, further down the article says:

"The DVD-R/RW format was initially championed by Pioneer Electronics, and
is supported by the DVD Forum (the same body of industry representation
that is behind the successful DVD-Video format).  Today, DVD-R/RW is
supported by the likes of Pioneer, Sony, Toshiba, Apple Computer, and
Compaq Computer.  DVD-RW includes provisions for content protection via
the Content Protection for Recordable Media (CPRM)."

So perhaps my SuperDrive *is* rewritable? It's a Pioneer, that much I was
able to find out. I will then have to look for DVD-RW?

The other problem was not being able to find the little tapes for the
Canon ZR-40 Mini DV that Apple had recommended - they look like little
telephone answering machine tapes but I could not find any in Staples
Office Supply. The camera is great, and the movie came out so nice for
the first time that now the whole family wants me to take movies of all
their events and put them on DVD! Not as if I have time, but what can I
do? :-)