NetInfo Binding and DHCP Services

Brent Shafer brent_s at treca.org
Tue Jun 24 10:41:58 PDT 2003

I have a district with approximately 150-200 OSX Macintosh machines
that I am trying to authenticate from an Xserver that is being used as
the NetInfo master.  We use a DHCP server for IP configs on individual
machines.  I have successfully used NetInfo to bind iMacs with static
IP addresses to the NetInfo domain, but have not been successful on
those with dynamic IP addresses.  Can someone PLEASE tell me, in as
much detail as possible, how to do it with DHCP server hosting dynamic
ip addresses before I lose my mind?

Thanks!
Brent

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you."
---
Brent Shafer
District Technology Director
Highland Local Schools