[X Newbies] Sound dies - restart without reboot?

Gregory Cortelyou chefgreg at mac.com
Thu Jun 26 06:13:20 PDT 2003

On 6/26/03 12:26 AM, "Steven Rogers" <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm having trouble with the sound going out on my G4 (10.2.6) at odd
> times. I can't really strongly correlate it with anything.  When it
> quits, *nothing* makes a sound - not the volume adjustment knobs,
> nothing. Its been happening for a while - at least 10.2.4.  Sometimes
> it happens after a few hours, sometimes the system runs for a week
> without rebooting and no problems. A reboot always fixes it. Is there
> some background process that can be restarted to fix this?  Is anyone
> else seeing the problem?
>
> SR

I have been having exactly the same problem and cannot offer any solutions.
I posted this on Apple's discussion site recently but nobody had any
answers. I use USB speakers (soundsticks) and I thought it might be that,
but everything else USB always works. Hope we get someone who can help us
though this.
Greg