[X Newbies] Clean Up [Was indexing and phone #]

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 5 13:05:58 PST 2003

Norman Cohen tapped out this message on 3/5/2003 10:33 AM

>Regarding system maintenance, besides Macaroni, you can use MacJanitor,
>which is Freeware and runs the three maintenance tasks when you want.

After evaluating the alternatives I decided to choose Macaroni for ease
of use since I will have to be advocating something to people who still
do not know how to copy a file to a disk..  :-\ So Macaroni it was. This
is not to suggest that you shouldn't try the other things, it's just that
Macaroni seems the most userfriendly for what my customer's levels are.

BTW - orginally this thread was about faxing and indexing -- you'll be
happy to know that the eMac, while connecting through a network with
other Macs to cable modem, was online all through the night and
simlutaneously took in several important faxes for me, awakening to open
the correct the applications. All this while I slept. So it has to be the
fault of the folks on the other end.
...TML