Printing to an Epson Photo 700

Ross Langmead rlangmead at whitley.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 11 04:31:07 PST 2003

Since installing OS X (10.2.4) on my PowerBook G4/400 I can't print in OS X
to my printer at home, an Epson Photo 700 inkjet, with serial and parallel
ports but not USB.

I'd previously printed from OS9.1 using a cable converting from USB to
parallel.

Epson doesn't support OS X to a Photo 700.

I searched for a printer driver and installed Gimp-Print, but I only get
scrambled text from the printer.  Gimp-Print warns against inferior
converter cables, but I don't know if mine is inferior - it cost a bit, as
Mac peripherals can.

Can anyone help me?  Do I need a driver for the converter?  Or are there
other printer drivers out there for OS X and older Epsons?

(Thanks for the answer to my Telnet-in-OSX question.  I now open Terminal
and type in telnet, then the server location, and it works fine.)

Thanks,

Ross