[X Newbies] Conceptualizing Desktop

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon May 5 15:17:17 PDT 2003

At 7:56 PM -0700 5/4/03, Steve St-Laurent wrote:
>There's nothing mysterious about the OS X Desktop other than
>recognizing that each user has his/her own and that the Desktop folder
>is within one's User folder.

Okay ... thanks. But how do I open documents from within Classic
applications? They aren't seeing my User's folder because they
are operating in OS9. I made an alias of my main document folder
called "Desk Drawer" and put it in the User's folder but unfortunately
the alias doesn't work from within Classic.

If I put the original "Desk Drawer" folder in Documents, will it disappear on
rebooting into OS9?

Don't tell me to abandon OS9 because I still can't do screenshots
yet in OSX that Photoshop can open. That's only the one thing.

Thanks in advance for anything that can clear this up in my mind.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz | Graphite iMac 333mHz
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net