[X Newbies] Mail.app problems

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 9 12:03:16 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 01:51  PM, Birgit Rhoads wrote:

> There is no way I am going to trash e-mail accounts I have set up in
> Entourage.

I did not suggest you trash email accounts set up in Entourage. I was
talking about
the stubborn address that would not work in Mail.app.
  I did this and finally (fingers crossed)  it seems to be working OK. I
only takes less than a minute to reproduce an email account in Mail.app.

> But I also have an iBook and was going to use Mail on that
> because my only other choice would be Messenger.  Well, Mail gave me
> the
> same message about my email being locked and would not send.  Netscape
> Messenger works just fine, so it's not my ineptitude at setting up the
> accounts.

No it's some glitch wtih the software or permissions for sure since you
are not alone.

>   I am happy to know that others have the same problems, I was
> going to call my Cable company and find out why I could not set up
> accounts
> that could send out in Apple Mail.  Now I will just forgetaboutit.

I never call the ISPs, they have no clue anyway. This is a Mail.app bug
and should be reported to Apple perhaps.