[X Newbies] Maintenance was Re: Problems Installing Apps

Christiaan Knol christiaan at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 1 17:06:08 PST 2004

I too use (and highly recommend) Macaroni.  I have also created other
scripts to perform tasks such as backing up my mySQL databases every
couple of days and clearing out my cache folders once a week
(~/Library/Caches/ /Library/Caches/ and /System/Library/Caches/).

One thing I'm not sure about is the /tmp/ folder - it seems to have A
LOT of junk in there.  Will watch this one - I assume the system is
supposed to delete most of it (as part of the daily maintenance)?

Anyway, using this set-up I NEVER seem to have any system problems -
but then again I guess the 'horror' stories are the ones that generally
make it to the various lists and websites, not those running
smoothly...

ck