[X Newbies] New eMac questions

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Apr 4 23:58:04 PDT 2004

Dale Critchley said:

>...transitioning from OS
>9.1 on a 8100/G3 to an eMac running OS X 10.3?
>
>What's the easiest way to transfer all my stuff from one to the other,
>especially thinking about stuff that's going to mess up Classic? Should I
>just forget about 3rd party extensions, etc.?

Since your older Mac doesn't have FireWire, the easiest way to transfer
data over is via Ethernet and the built-in file sharing capability.  Get
an Ethernet crossover cable or a patch cable.  It doesn't matter which
you get, since your eMac can adjust automatically to either.

Articles on setting up file sharing:

http://www.cmu.edu/computing/documentation/fileshare/fileshare.html#setup

Randy B. Singer

How To Deal With Common OS X 10.3 Panther Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/panther.html