[X Newbies] Unwanted dialing

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Wed Apr 14 07:28:50 PDT 2004

>My eMac is connecting periodically throughout the day, even though I don't have any apps running. Any idea why & how to stop it?

Things like having the time set to use a time server to keep accurate will do that. Software update has a schedule. That too may cause automatic connections. Not sure on that one though if it is set to automatically connect to check. Some things wait for you to be online, others take the initiative.
--

Robert Ameeti

A man is as good as he has to be, and a woman is as bad as she dares.

- Elbert Hubbard