[X Newbies] OT: "Propaganda"

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Wed Apr 14 14:46:19 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 04:50:49PM -0400, Charles Martin wrote:
:
: Alex wrote:
: >
: >Off-topic: As a mere subscriber, may I suggest to our American fellow
: >subscribers that using sigs to push their political or religious
: >propaganda may be unwelcome (or even offensive) to (some)
: >non-Americans?
:
: Luckily, us American members have a guarantee of freedom of speech that
: we hold dear and dare not compromise -- it's one of the few rights we
: have left!

When the U.S. made war onto Iraq, the Bush administration said unto the
American people, "Let no man speak against our war, for it jeopardizes
the safety of our holy soldiers, the chances for our absolute victory,
and the purity of our vengeance for 9/11".  The American media, fearing
the wrath of Michael "Beelzebub" Powell, John "Belial" Ashcroft, and of
course The Morningstar himself, bound and gagged its TV shows and
shackled its reporters.

And so it goes...

BTW, anyone notice that current G5 PowerMacs are nowhere near the 3 GHz
mark that Jobs had mentioned a while ago?

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/