[X-Newbies] Panic kernal attack???

Birgit Rhoads wdlnd at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 29 08:33:03 PST 2004

These are the instructions I have:

IF you have a kernel panic when booting up and you don't have Disk
Warrior, then try the FSCK thing.

1. Unplug all peripherals - Firewire drives, USB hubs, printers.

2. Hold down the Apple+S keys while powering up. Let go of the keys
once the Unix messages start to appear on your black screen.

3. Per instructions on the screen type "fsck -f" and hit return. If any
fixes are made to your directory, retype "fsck -f" until you get a
clean bill of health or you have done it five times, whichever comes
first.

4. Type "reboot -n" and hit enter.

I hope this is what you want.

Birgit