[X Newbies] Keychain nuisance

Jon Warms jwarms at mac.com
Sun Jan 4 12:42:36 PST 2004

(Though this response cites the Mail program, I think the suggestions
apply to other mail programs as well.)

If Mail keeps asking you for your keychain password,
try the suggestions below:
	▪ 	If you've set you keychain to lock after a period of time,
or when your computer goes to sleep, your keychain is locked,
and you'll see a message asking for your keychain password.
To change your keychain settings, open Keychain Access, located
in Applications/Utilities (or click the link below). Select a keychain
and choose Edit > Change Settings for Keychain <keychain name>.
Deselect "Lock after <number of minutes> of inactivity" and
"Lock when sleeping."
	▪ 	Open Keychain Access, located in Applications/Utilities
(or click the link below). Choose Window > Keychain First Aid.
Select a mail account and click Verify, then click the Start button.
A log appears listing errors. Click Repair, then click the Start button.

The above is quoted from Apple's article:

Jon