[X Newbies] Backup Question

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 15 01:34:54 PDT 2004

On Sunday, July 11, 2004, at 04:45 PM, matblack at mac.com wrote:

> Personally I use Carbon Copy and copy my entire drive AND make it
> bootable. Then every so often I "synchronize." I think the advantages
> are apparent, if you have the disc space.

Hi - a bit of a related question. You do have to have a bootable drive
to make the
backup bootable, right?

As I recall, I didn't get a bootable drive based on capacity needed and
price/point.

I figured I'd reinstall using original system disks if a problem, then
restore all backup files from Dantz Retrospect, which came with my
drive and I've been using without problems.

Any notes to add on recovery procedures?

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com