Screensavers/Little Snitch

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 20 04:38:42 PST 2004

Hi all,

Yesterday i downloaded a couple of modules for the Panther screensaver.
Despite saying that an admin password would be required for installation
both of these installed without any being required.  I thought that X was
immune to this sort of thing so I'm wondering just what is going on and
whether I've installed a trojan.  Any ideas anyone?

This brings me to Little Snitch.  Has anyone tried this and if so are the
default settings basically OK?  Looking at them they seem to allow any
application to connect elsewhere (mainly to 0.0.0.255 and what are
described as broadcast) so I wonder if others have any experience of it
and whether it is worth the $25.

cheers,

Chris