network address book

Ben Gold bgold at acedsl.com
Fri Mar 26 10:59:09 PST 2004

I may have already asked this one.

Is there a good networkable address book application or OS X address
book mod?

What I would like is a program or file that resides on a server that
multiple people can view AND edit.

I've looked into LDAP a bit, but it's mostly greek to me - I don't
quite understand how to set it up.  If I do use LDAP, can it be edited
by multiple remote users?  In the examples I've seen it's not editable
by multiple users, or not intended to be.

A third party application would be fine if it's good.  The addresses
would be shared by about 8 users.

I don't want a system where everyone "syncs" their address books to
some master list.  What I want is akin to a served database, a single
place where all users get their addresses.

thanks,

Ben