Classic/multiple user question + iPhoto gripe

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Mon Mar 29 01:40:24 PST 2004

First the pleasant part:
How do I get Classic to work in the admin and in another user. My G4
was used recently on a job site and a new user was created so people
would not be able to get into my normal system. However, Classic would
only work on one user at a time.

I read the KB info but I don't understand what it is saying or the
toggles it suggests still do not allow two versions of Classic on one
computer.

What is the correct way of setting this up?

Now the gripe:
Is it unreasonable to think that when I finally upgraded to OSX
(Panther) I would be getting the latest versions of the basic Apple
suite? I was really steamed when iPhoto would not allow an upgrade to
4.1 from software I purchased only 4 months ago. IMHO, Apple is pushing
their clients into the PC camp by pulling marketing strategies like
this. A fully-equipped, still to arrive, G5 is going to cost
considerably more than a custom-built PC that has exactly what I need.

End of rant. Any help on the Classic issue would be greatly appreciated.

Carter Tomassi