[X Newbies] iTunes weirdness

Mark Taintor markwt at mac.com
Wed May 12 05:16:16 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, May 12, 2004, at 01:54  AM, Paul Baily wrote:

> On 12/05/2004, at 3:49 pm, Mark Taintor wrote:
>
>> I upgraded to the iTunes 4.5 recently. It seems to work just fine,
>> however, when I try to access iTunes from an email link or from the
>> Apple website, I get a screen with a page about the iTunes software
>> licencing agreement. After clicking that I agree with terms, I get
>> the following message: "The iTunes Music Library file cannot be read
>> because it was created by a newer version of iTunes". If I already
>> have iTunes open, it works just fine. Any ideas about what's going on
>> or what I can do to fix it?
>
> Is there perchance another (older) version of iTunes still lurking
> away somewhere? Say from an on-disk backup or something else to which
> your Mac has access?
>
> cheers,
>
> Paul.

Paul,
That took care of it! I have an external hard drive that had the older
version of iTunes. Now that I've trashed that older version, everything
seems to be fine. It seems strange that it would try to access the
program through an external drive rather than  the internal one, but...
Thanks for your help.
Mark

Mark Taintor
Chanhassen, MN USA