[X Newbies] Pine to Eudora migration

lorca lorca at lorca.com
Fri May 21 12:36:59 PDT 2004

you'll have to run it under OS9/Classic, but:

<http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Archive/comm/inet/mail/mail-converter-224.hqx>

MailConverter by R Shapiro is an utility which converts mail and mail-like
files of various sorts into Eudora or Z-Mail mailboxes. It can also be used
in conjunction with Eumorpha to import files into Claris Emailer. In
addition it can be used to generate rfc934 digests and to import a few
kinds of nicknames into Eudora.

MailConverter works on several kinds of input files: Claris Emailer, mmdf,
babyl, America Online, LeeMail, Pine, Elm, MacEMail, PopMail, eWorld,
Genie, PC Eudora, Ricemail; files saved from several news programs
(NewsWatcher, nn, gnus); files saved from Eudora or Z-Mail; and any other
text files that have typical mail headers at the beginning. Folders of
files (recursively) can also be converted. Files which appear to be digests
will automatically be burst. MailConverter will, of course, also
inter-convert between Eudora and Z-Mail. Finally, it will import (only into
Eudora) three sorts of address books (Pine, MacEMail, Emailer), and it will
generate rfc934 digests out of Eudora/Z-Mail mailboxes.