[X-Newbies] Transferring files: G3-iMac G 5?

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Oct 3 11:47:47 PDT 2004

Richard Bienvenu said:

>Thanks for the replies; I guess I should have indicated that my G3 is
>the beige, desktop model. There doesn't seem to be a Firewire port or
>socket on the old beast. Am I missing it?

As I have indicated off-list:

A beige G3 does not come with FireWire, though in some instances, such as
moving old data from your G3 to a new Mac, I've installed a FireWire PCI
card (which adds FireWire ports) in a beige G3 because it is the fastest
and easiest way to do this.  You can get a FireWire PCI card for your Mac
for only $15:

http://tinyurl.com/632hx

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html