[X-Newbies] Problems upgrading to 10.2.8

Lacy Kyle lacy_kyle at mac.com
Fri Sep 17 13:16:36 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I recently had to do an archive and install due to huge problems I had
trying to sort out a dragging problem. This has left me back at a bog
standard system 10.2. Software update is tripping up trying to install
the 10.2.8. combo update. Downloading the combo update from the Apple
site also falls over during installation. According to the
documentation Apple provides, this seems to be a well known problem and
they advise updating first to 10.2.6. then software update should be
able to update to 10.2.8. Only problem is that the 10.2.6 download they
suggest requires 10.2.5. so, how do I update from 10.2?

Any ideas?

Lacy

http://www.anvilchorus.org.uk

"Sing as though nobody's listening"