[X-Newbies] MS Word connects to internet

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 07:38:18 PDT 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 7:56 PM, Jane <TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net> wrote:
> How can I stop Word from connecting to the internet and sending data
> back while I am using it? I have scoured the prefs to no avail and the
> only solution would be to disconnect the computer from the network
> while using Word.
>
> I know it is connecting because when I quit it says "connecting to the
> printer" and  the IE Cache.waf file appears on the desktop.
>
> Apparently my saved document info goes back to big brother at Microsoft.

I can't tell you how to stop it, but I do remember (don't shoot me)
seeing postings about the same "feature" with regards to the Windows
version. From what I remember, that "feature" is expressly covered in
the MS licensing agreement. Windows Media Player for Mac does the same
and I know that that "feature" is expressly covered for that
application. Come to think of it, I am not sure whether this was a
Word XP thing or a Windows XP thing. Try to check the license
agreement.

Cheers,

Brian