[X-Newbies] Re: Office Suite Conundrum

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Apr 7 02:21:08 PDT 2005

> From: Randy B.Singer <randy at macattorney.com>
>

> Charles Martin said:
>
>> There's NeoOffice/J for X11 which seems to work reasonably
>> well
>

> NeoOffice/J does not require X11 to run under OS X.  NeoOffice/J was
> written in Java, which is a native programming language for OS X.

Randy is correct, I was thinking of the X11 port of NeoOffice.

> NeoOffice/J is in its infancy, but it has recently been updated, and it
> is already quite impressive.  I think that it is worth a try, since it
> is
> free.

Thanks Randy for the clarification. It's been awhile since I last
looked at NeoOffice/J, maybe it's time to give it another spin.

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org