[X-Newbies] SSH and config file

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 4 02:06:48 PST 2005

Hi all,

I've been reading up on OSX security.  One of the things that I use
quite often is SSH and a recent security guide suggests disabling SSH v1
which is known to have security problems leaving it to default to v2 only.

This is done by editing the file:  /etc/sshd_config and changing one
line.  Now I shall probably regret this but where is this file as I
can't find it and how would I do the editing - eg in terminal, BBEdit,
text edit?  Are there any pitfalls with this apart from the obvious one
of screwing the system :-)

cheers,

Chris