[X-Newbies] Sharing External HD

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 14 21:53:33 PDT 2005

On 15/7/2005 11:22 AM, "Steven Rogers" <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2005, at 7:43 PM, Tony Johansen wrote:
>
>> OK, firewire experiment underway soon as we get the FW cable.
>>
>> I now wonder: can this be done with a windows machine via an
>> external hard
>> drive, or more directly?
>
> You can take your firewire volume to a windows machine, but windows
> machines will not go into "target" mode - that's a mac-only feature.
> Show your Windows friends  . . . say 'neener neener'

OK, but would it work via a3rd party device? Say a Fat-32 formatted external
hard drive, plug into a Windows machine, put the files on the external hard
drive, then plug it into the Mac and access the files and work with them on
the Mac? (Presuming they are saved in jpeg or or other format that is
recognised by programs on the Mac.)

Tony