[X-Newbies] Anti-Virus

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 00:07:24 PDT 2005

On 12/6/05 Tony Johansen wrote:

>What is the best solution for anti-virus protection?
The one that most people seem to suggest works and is trouble free is
Intego's Virus Barrier.  I had to buy it, not because I believe it is
vital but in order to have virus protection as a condition of using the
Uni's VPN.

Since it has not caught anything I can't say if that's because it works
or because there is nothing to catch.  Apart from that it seems trouble free.

The one to avoid apparently is Norton which does low level things to the
OS and can cause instability.  Apple seem to have dumped Virex, and AFAIK
it is not available to individuals.

Just my two penn'orth - cents to those in the US :-)

Chris