[X-Newbies] Apples in Art

Birgit Rhoads wdlnd at adelphia.net
Fri May 6 11:44:01 PDT 2005

Apple gives you iLife with new computers:  iPhoto; iMovie; iDVD plus
Garageband which would not exactly apply to art.  When I import new
photos from my camera, they go into iPhoto.  Double click on what I
want to manipulate goes into Adobe Photoshop.  These programs alone
cannot be matched by Windows.  iMovie and iDVD are awesome free
applications.  I use them and PC people are in awe.  I know that PC's
also have these programs but they are not as good or intuitive. Of
course there are many other art applications  Also, students could
use the internet without fear of virus's or worms infecting the
computers.  For website design, instead of awful FrontPage, students
can use Dreamweaver for Mac or even the free Apache program and
TextEdit that comes with the software.

I have just started with iWork and love it.  It could apply to art
for brochures and flyers.  Just some of my thoughts.  Good luck

Birgit Rhoads
Hudson Oh
wdlnd at adelphia.net
http://www.woodlandpwc.com