[X-Newbies] Newbie Lessons

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Mon May 23 01:45:46 PDT 2005

On the other hand, the long time list user, having seen everything
before, can be impatient and overly sensitive to newbie views and
opinions that are patently incorrect, seen from the long time user's
point of view. Flaming or threats of not helping newbies (and others)
that do not follow the etiquette of some users are no more conducive
to the purpose of the list than people that think bailing from the
list is conducive to "straightening out" or "punishing" the list. Top
posting vs. bottom posting and plain text vs. HTML discussions have
been on the Internet for many years now and do not appear to be going
away anytime soon. Everyone on this list should be grown-up enough to
be able to live with this plurality without threats or sanctions of
the one kind or other. Let's get on with enjoying our Macs!

Cheers,

Brian