[X-Newbies] Tiger: Finder problems

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Wed May 25 11:14:58 PDT 2005

Weird problems are appearing in Finder (10.4.1). Changing names of
files or folders suddenly becomes inactive. And Command-N no longer
brings up a new folder.

This occurs without warning. It started yesterday when I tried to
change the .extension of an image file. About the third time I tried
the change the cursor was active in the window but no letters
appeared on the screen.

Logging back in seems to correct the problem but not permanently. I
have repaired permissions and run Disk Warrior.

This is a fairly new G5-dual 2.0 with the Apple keyboard. Could this
be a USB problem?

Carter