[X-Newbies] Re: Why Mac Owners Don't Invest (was: Help! Total HD Meltdown!)

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat May 28 22:36:46 PDT 2005

> From: "Aldo Johnson" <deetya at cbn.net.id>
>

> It may be because there's little/ no Mac software for sale in their
> neck of
> the woods. It's a matter of "the spirit is willing, but the vendors
> are
> absent"

Interesting theory that I'm sure explains some of it -- but any Mac
owner should know right off the bat that 1-800 numbers and mail order
(along with cool sites like dealmac.com and lists like this one) are
going to be his or her best friend over the years.

The Mac community can sometimes be only virtual rather than physical,
but my experience is that there's a lot of Mac owners out there who
never bother to get in touch with the local Mac User Group, never
bother to find out about the quality online dealers (see the ads at
the bottom of each post of this list for a clue), et al.

In short, sure PC owners get greater choice -- and with that comes
greater confusion, and greater proportion of crap/rip-offs. Mac
owners have it VERY easy if they'll make the small effort to find the
resources that are available to them.

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org