[X-Newbies] web design software info

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Mon Oct 10 10:08:07 PDT 2005

At 12:53 PM -0400 10/10/05, Al Poulin wrote:
>Are you locked into the package you begin with?  Or is it easily
>transparent to move from one design package to another?  In other
>words, if you start with Composer or any other package, and then
>decide to use another web designer, are you getting into
>complexities?

BBEdit, Composer, nvu, PageSpinner, DreamWeaver and GoLive generate
non-program-specific HTML and CSS and have no lock-in that I'm aware
of. Others familiar with RapidWeaver and FreeWay can weigh in on
those programs.

In theory, I should be able to use any of the above programs to edit
components of sites created with any of the others. I should be able
to edit the site from any editor on any platform, actually.
--
'tis as said. [Reality is defined by being described]