[X-Newbies] the sbc yahoo blues at @sbcglobal.net...

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Wed Oct 26 16:01:20 PDT 2005

On Oct 26, 2005, at 11:07 AM, Richard ramsowr wrote:

> has anyone out ever been able to move their mail off
> of SBC Yahoo (@sbcglobal.net) onto your iMac's iMail
> service

Not sure what service you're talking about here. Apple's ".Mac"
online server service? Apple's "Mail" client application? ("iMail" is
a mail server product from a company named Ipswitch.)

> or for that matter on to OS X's own Mail platform?

Again you need to more specific here. Do you mean the SMTP/IMAP/POP
servers that OS X includes?

> I starting to get feedup with SBC's need to pushing
> it's SBC Yahoo service off onto its DSL custom base -
> and then not even fully support its Mac customers

The SBC/Yahoo thing is just a marketing and branding program so I
assume that by "support" you mean answer questions about as opposed
to will it work or not. SBC/Yahoo use standards based (SMTP and POP)
servers so it shouldn't matter what platform you use to access the
mail you get via their service. SBC/Yahoo also has a forwarding
service that will automatically send your email to another account if
that's what you want.

What you're trying to do is probably easy to accomplish, but until
you use the correct names for the source and destination of the mail
you want to move I or others on this list aren't going to be able to
give you specific directions to do what you want.

Phil