[X-Newbies] Firmware Update 5.1.8f7

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Wed Sep 7 21:03:35 PDT 2005

Sorry I misread your first post. It sounds like when you restart your
computer it does not go through the firmware update cycle, is that
correct?

Have you checked to see if the firmware has already been updated?
This may already be obvious to you but in case it is not: if you go
to the blue apple in the upper left hand corner of the menu bar,
click on "About the Mac", when the box comes up click on the More
Info button and under the Hardware Overview in the right side of that
menu look down to the next to the last line for the Boot ROM Version.
That should read 5.1.8f7 if the firmware was installed correctly. Or
already installed.

That is the same version Tiger uses in the G5. Which is the only
reason I knew what to suggest. Hope this solves the problem.