[X-Newbies] Dialup services

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 22 13:15:18 PDT 2005

Anyone have any experience with Netzero or one of the other non-AOL
national providers?  I upgraded my parents from OS 9 to OS X 10.4 a
few days ago, and I wanted to set them free from the AOL client, but
its not easy.  The local ISP in their area seems pretty bad, so I'm
looking for some other alternative.

My concern is that Netzero, Juno, PeoplePC, etc all seem to have some
kind of client that you must use to connect instead of the Internet
Connect panel. I'm hoping that's the extent of it - just a dialer,
but not a full blown client that wants to own the browser and mail
experience. Anyone know any details about this?  The details of how
it actually works are not clear on the web site.

SR