[X-Newbies] Media Player replacement for Windows Media Player.

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Mon Apr 24 09:42:36 PDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 10:48:05AM CDT, Brian Durant <globetrotterdk at gmail.com> wrote:
:
: On 4/24/06, Shawn King <shawn at yourmaclife.com> wrote:
: >
: > On 4/24/06 9:01 AM, "Brian Durant" <globetrotterdk at gmail.com> wrote:
: >
: > > I have lately been getting increasingly irritated that I
: > > seem to have to use Windows Media Player to access video
: > > files at:
: > >
: > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/
: > >
: > > and
: > >
: > > http://www.tv5.org/musique
: > >
: > > Are there any replacements out there that can handle these
: > > sites? I am using Firefox 1.5.0.1 for my web browser.
: >
: > http://www.flip4mac.com
:
: OK, I installed it. Doesn't seem to work with TV 5. There are individual
: files where RealPlayer takes over, but there is no sound in RP. This problem
: also exists for BBC World. Quick Time, VLC and Mplayer don't have any
: problem with sound when playing files (don't know about streaming media).

Flip4Mac misses a few things, e.g. the WMV 9 Advanced codec and
lots of newer DRM'd junk.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/