[X-Newbies] MTU Settings

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 02:43:10 PDT 2006

On Aug 5, 2006, at 2:22 AM, Chris wrote:

> I'm having DSL problems and wondered if someone could
> tell me how to check the size of my MTU on a G5?

System Preferences->Network, choose the active interface from the
Show menu or double click on it in the list, then choose the Ethernet
tab. If you're using Airport you won't have an Ethernet tab, so
you'll have to use "ifconfig" in a terminal window. Type "ifconfig -
a", you should be able to pick out the active interface from it's IP
address.

Be careful, most network "tuning/optimizing" sites on the net are
full of errors, ignorance, and superstition. Here's one of the best:

http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/

Phil