[X-Newbies] Printing problems with my HP

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Wed Jan 18 06:35:45 PST 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 12:22 AM, Gen Hadlow Mac Impact Dbn wrote:

> On 17/1/2006 9:48 PM, "Al Poulin" <alpoulin at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 17, 2006, at 1:58 AM, Gen Hadlow Mac Impact Dbn wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>> I have an HP 1320 laser printer that I use with my iBook on 10.4.4.
>>> I started a print but at the last minute then decided to cancel my
>>> print
>>> because I had left off some vital info.
>>> After that I just cant print any more.
>>
>> Thinking back to pre-OS X days, I would turn off the printer.  Shut
>> down the iBook.  Turn on the printer.  Start up the iBook.
> Tried that first. Did not work.
> I did not mention that I was connecting via a usb cable as I had lent
> out my
> Ethernet hub...
> Got my hub back and the problem has gone! but if I try to connect via
> the
> USB connection, I have the same problem! Used my pals iBook and that
> connected perfectly with the USB. Its definitely a problem with some
> sort of
> system pref that I don’t know how to track down...
> My USB ports are fine, used a mouse to test both of them...

A couple more thoughts.

Look for printer preferences in your Home>Library>Preferences, things
ending in .plist, and trash them.

If you have an extra user account, try it there.  Or establish a new
user account for testing.  If the problem does not happen there, look
for differences in your Library.

I hope some real expert butts in here.
Good Luck,

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.