[X-Newbies] A real mess.....

Patty Woodbury saluki13 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 08:24:11 PST 2006

Hi,
if any of you can help me, I would be so thrilled and grateful.

I ran TechTool yesterday because a OWC external hard drive was not being
recognized after installing the lastest Tiger update. After that, my G5 hard
drive would not mount. I called AppleCare and they had me run through some
things and told me to try DiskWarrior. I have that in there and it is giving
me an error message- The directory of the disk "Unknown Disk" cannot be
rebuilt. The disk was not modified. The orginal directory is too severely
damaged. It appears another disk utility has erased critical directory
information (3004,2016).
I have emailed Alsoft tech support but have not received an answer yet.
I don't want to reformat the hard drive because I'll lose everything.
Is there anything else I can do?

OS 10.4.4, G5 tower, 6GB RAM, 250GB hard drive

Thanks!

Patty