[X-Newbies] Text based web browser for Tiger on G5.

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Jan 24 09:56:11 PST 2006

Brian Durant said:

>Can anyone recommend a text based web browser for Tiger on a G5? I am
>aware that there are a number of them out there, but I am not familiar
>with what to look for. I am interested in using a text based browser
>for, among other things, to easily copy news items and forward them to
>some Internet fora that I belong to.

You can already do this easily with your current, graphic Web browser.
Normally you can just click and drag over text, and then copy and paste
it into something like TextEdit to save it.

If that doesn't work, choose Save, and under Format, choose to save the
page as "text only".  You can open the resulting text file in TextEdit
and delete what you don't want to save, and then save the rest.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html