[X-Newbies] Headless minis

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 24 22:19:12 PST 2006

On Jan 25, 2006, at 12:01 AM, Gen Hadlow Mac Impact Dbn wrote:

> Do you have a second mac/pc close by that has a monitor attached?
> If so, you can buy a cheap monitor switch box and a couple of extra
> monitor cables and attach the monitor to the switch box and share
> the monitor between the other mac and the mac mini by flipping the
> switch. Works very well!

Yeah - but I don't have anything else with a VGA monitor on it now
and I really wanted to get rid of the KVM clutter. I finally decided
to just turn the monitor off and yank it to see what happens. It
seems to be OK. With VNC, it would be really convenient to put one of
these in a stereo cabinet as a media box (if they had an iMac style
remote control).

SR