[X-Newbies] Photoshop disappears

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 26 00:10:48 PDT 2006

This is what I did to try to fix this problem:

- Ran Disk Repair from the DVD
- Ran Permissions from the HD (have Macaroni turned off for now)
- Cleared index in Spotlight and have that off (HD is in the privacy
list)
- Trashed the 2 Launch Services files from the HD>Library>Caches
folder as well as the launch services prefs. (This just knocks out
your file associations...)

The problem is worse than just file associations I fear, because I
finally trashed PS app altogether but when I reinstalled, the icons
are still generic and the programs WON'T open.

I fear something worse is wrong with the computer's HD.