[X-Newbies] Mac..Itunes..Ipod..moving music to external drive

Thomas McDermott Jr tjm at pobox.com
Thu Mar 16 19:38:04 PST 2006

Good evening,
	Am hoping someone..anyone?? could offer some assistance to this
question I have.  I have a powerbook that has a 40 gig hard drive and
most of that is being used for music for my ipod.  I have an external
drive that was formatted for use on my PC that I would like to
somehow reformat to copy over my music files from my itunes on my
mac.  Would then like to, when I sync my ipod, copy from whats on the
external drive instead of whats on my powerbook.  Does that make
sense??  I am just not sure how any of that gets done..mostly, how do
I get my ipod and or itunes to look on my external drive instead of
my powerbook's HD?  If that is easy to do..is it even possible to
leave some music on powerbook for when I travel but not have the ipod
sync from there?

Thanks very much in advance

Tom