[X-Newbies] Englis-Spanish

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 21:55:50 PST 2006

On Nov 3, 2006, at 9:16 AM, Steven Rogers wrote:

> ... I would recommend using MacPorts over Fink.
>
> http://www.macports.org/
>
> (used to be called DarwinPorts). It's another package system like
> Fink,

I also recommend MacPorts, but want to make clear that it's not just
"another package system like Fink". Fink installs a GNU/SYSV like UNIX
environment that interposes itself over OS X's UNIX environment (I,
myself, would say gets in the way of.), whereas MacPorts directly
leverages OS X's UNIX environment.

Phil
-- Benjamin Franklin